Version 0.4.0 - Demo, New Weapon, VR improvements, and New Trailer
Version 0.4.0 arrives today! This update focuses primarily on a number of behind-the-scenes improvements that make core game systems more robust. For players, the main improvements are as follows:
- Free demo now available for everyone
- New weapon: the green "beam" laser!
- The beam laser is a hitscan weapon that deals damage over time. It fires continuously for a fraction of a second, with a long cooldown between shots. It's great for taking out enemies that are far away and hard to track, or for sweeping across a large area of incoming projectiles. However, it does less damage per second than the other weapons.
- VR Controls improved, especially in the menus
- Laser pointer for navigating menus - point with your right hand and pull the trigger to confirm your selection
- Virtual joystick controls are now more responsive - there is also a small deadzone near the center to make it easier to hold still
- Improved apparent hit detection thanks to back-end improvements in how objects are rendered onto the 3D plane
In addition, today I've also released a new trailer. This one really highlights the motion controls and the VR gameplay experience. Check it out at the link below.
Going forward, the next major milestone for development will be a graphical overhaul. Most importantly, I hope to make the game's style more consistent by focusing on a deliberate color palette with complementary post-processing effects. In addition, I'll be working on updating all of the VFX and looking into ways to make the enemies feel more dynamic. As always, feel free to share your suggestions in the comments or in the Discussion Board!
Trailer Music: Eric Skiff - HHAvok - Resistor Anthems - Available at http://EricSkiff.com/music
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.